Thứ Năm, 20 tháng 10, 2011

Filters I would like on N4G

This probably is best to be a forum post or even a PM, but it's a blog because really it's just my personal opinion and will likely never be intergrated and also I would like to hear if anyone encounters similar (or different) issues.

Firstly, get rid of all translated web sources. This is an English site, all articles are in English, EXCEPT for Google translated ones. Most likely it's not new information, or just a really small snippet (remember Gran Turismo 5? Every little video being posted by a translated site with no link to Youtube -- even though they were being stolen from there).

Secondly, an option for news soruces to be classified a bit more accurately, "article" for me means it's an article about a game. Like a preview, rumour or even a quick "top 10" list. There is something I don't really classify at ALL as GAMING news and that's these "40 year old woman has sex with 14 year old boy via Xbox Live", I come to N4G for really light-hearted and POSITIVE news about games. This is the kind of stuff I'd much rather be oblivious to. I never actually read the comments or even click these articles so I AM doing my best to ignore this type of "news" but I do tend to read every headline.

Another, an entire section devoted to "deals", these often end up on the front page and I encourage that but it'd be even better to filter these by clicking one of the tabs at the top ("All, PS3, XB360, WII etc") a new one named "deals" or "offers".

The last one is to block an entire site, similar to an ignore feature. I migrated to N4G from Kotaku, and I REALLY don't want to see their articles anymore.

Now I'm totally aware that I'm being a bit of a cry baby here, but it's a blog for a reason! I honestly do enjoy being here (unlike others who say stuff like "typical N4G" or "this site sucks").

Do you agree with any of these? Which ones would you like yourself?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét