Thứ Hai, 17 tháng 10, 2011

Voice-commands & Zork-inspired conversations

.    Blog games, games free, free games, games online, playing games online, games news, aetion games, top gamesThe title itself is both vague and clear. There are two features that I would like to see in games in the future.

Imagine sitting there and playing an RPG of some sort. What if you could "shout" out, or simply say the name of the spell to make your character cast it? Why haven't this been done? What is it that makes it so complicated?

The only thing I could see that is a problem is that they would have to create a very dynamic system that recognizes dialects and different languages. But why not create a system that when you start the game you get to record the basic commands based on what class you choose, like the spells or abilities that you start out with? And then when you gain a new spell you record a command for that one. I would love this. Although I probably wouldn't want to use it in the presence of others or maybe that would be even better :D

The second thing is actually talking to characters. I do realize that this cannot, at least for a long time, be done. However, I would love to see the ability much like that in the old text-based Zork-games. If I want to ask an npc about something, I approach him or her and type my question and the npc responds to that. Why isn't that done? Or at least available as an option?

I do realize that you would have to phrase your questions in a certain way like "What do you know about..." , "Where can I find..." , "Where can I buy..." and so on. It would feel a lot more personal that way. Why are there no games that does that?

If you have examples of games that does this, please tell me about them below :) And please add your own thoughts about how all of this could work, and why you would like it/dislike it!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét